(631) 585-6100        Home | Advertisements | Shopping Cart | My Account | Shipping Info | Contact Us | Vintage Chart
Lake Fine Wines.
login Login Emails Emails Cart Cart
Follow us on
Search
 
Enter # when searching by SKU (i.e. #12345)
 
wines Spirits. Accessories Gifts. Wine Club. About Us.
Email
Add your email to receive updates on our best deals and coupons.
Features
Wine Region.
Red Varietal.
White Varietal
Wine Type.
Spirits by Type

Shop by Price
From:  
To:
Tenuta di Renieri Chianti Classico Riserva 750ml 2007
Sku: 1609640
3 day lead-time required to confirm availability Why?
Product Rating
Product Information
Country: Italy
Region: Tuscany
Sub-Region: Chianti Classico
Grape Varietal: Sangiovese
Type: Still wine
Reg. $29.99
On Sale $24.99
Buy Tenuta di Renieri Chianti Classico Riserva

OR
Leave a Comment
Other text
The Renieri tenuta, or winery estate, comprises 128hectares in the southern quadrant of Montalcino, on slopes that face Monte Amiata. Thirty hectares of vineyards are planted at an elevation of 350-420 metres, their exposures forming an arc from southeast to southwest. Following the grubbing-up of the old vineyards, new vines were planted in 1998, at a density of 6,000 vines per hectare. The yield at just one kg. per vine, the equivalent of one bottle of wine, entails the least stress per plant and ensures perfectly ripened fruit, and thus optimal quality. The principal grape variety at Renieri is obviously Sangiovese. A lengthy process of vinification and maturation transforms this raw material into the classic Brunello di Montalcino. But varieties that are more international and less common in this area, such as Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Syrah, and Petit Verdot, have also found their perfect habitat at Renieri. Blends of these varieties make up two different IGT wines whose highly-respected quality prove that Sangiovese is not the only grape that flourishes in the Montalcino zone. In addition to these IGT wines, an important niche is reserved for Rosso di Montalcino, a wine distinguished from Brunello, its elder brother, by its hallmark early approachability, the result of a less complex ageing process. The local soils are largely volcanic, with strata of schistous limestone and rock. Classic to the area are soils made up of the reddish terra rossa, clays, and calcareous tufa.

Producer
The Castello di Bossi is located in the commune of Castelnuovo Berardenga, on the road that leaves the old Chiantigiana road, at Pianella, and ascends to Brolio amidst evergreen forests and long rows of vines. With its centuries-old trees, its fossil beds, and richly varied native vegetation, this unique spot has always aroused curiosity, even in remote times, and experts have studied its characteristics. The name Bossi would seem to derive from the money chest which the Roman army would carry to its encampments to pay the soldiers; the word probably refers to the boxwood, a rare and prized wood at that time, from which the chest was built. Inscriptions dating from the 1st and 2nd centuries AD, discovered in an ancient wall of the canonry in San Marcellino, indicate that this area was the site of a Roman settlement. The first reliable evidence of families dwelling in the Bossi area dates to the 9th century, when a noble family, the dei Berardenghi, settled there. Winigi and his wife Richilda enjoyed a lengthy rule over the territories they owned; they then decided to withdraw into private life and donated to religious institutions their fiefs and properties. They kept, however, the properties which today surround the castle. Bossi was a specific locale and was mentioned as such in a 1099 donation deed by Azzo di Rustico to the monastery of Fontebona. Bossiís church, dedicated to SantíAndrea, was built later, possibly around 1200, to afford improved spiritual care to the inhabitants of the growing village. Contemporary documents reveal that vineyards already existed at that time, since a portion of rents and leases was paid in kind, wine being cited among the listed products. In the war between Florenceand Siena, Bossi was a bordering area; only after the battle of Montaperti did economic activities recover their normal level. This was made possible by construction of new roads and facilities or improving the safety of existing ones, all aimed at re-establishing commercial links. Existing castles were renovated, but Bossiís tower was not affected. When Castelnuovo Berardenga was founded, in 1346, Bossi was included in its jurisdiction;in 1383 Bossi was summoned to its defence against mercenaries in the pay of Florence. In the same period, the territory was acquired by the Pacidi family, who were originally from Radi but now lived in Siena. The demolition of the old tower and the construction of the palazzo of Bossi can be dated between the late 14th and early 15th centuries. But the castle was damaged even in the late 15th century by the Florentines, who failed to capture Berardenga but proceeded to destroy numerous outlying districts. The accession of the Medicis brought a halt to the inter-city warfare and gave local populations the chance to begin normal civic life again. This juncture proved favourable for renewed winemaking activities. The castle property gained two new owners, the Ugurgeri and Ospedale di Santa Maria della Scala ofSiena, both connected to the Placidi family. Under the rule of Leopold II, Granduke of Tuscany, the entire region enjoyed a period of prosperity. His policies made it a politically liberal state, and commercial, cultural, and civic life flourished.Giovanni Battista Vivarelli, heir to Isabella, the last of the Ugurgeri, transferred the Castel estate to the Sienese jurist Giuseppe Giuggioli, whose family retained the property up until World War II, when it was purchased by the Piccolomini family of Siena. The abolition of the mezzadria, or sharecropping, system, led to a population shift away from the country and to a consequent crisis in the agricultural sector. Bossi, too, underwent a slow decline until it was acquired by the present owners, the Bacci family. These forward-looking proprietors introduced modern production methods and better management practices, leading to a rebirth for the Castello.

Home | Wine | Spirits | Accessories | Gifts | Wine Club | About Us | Shopping Cart
Shipping Info | Contact Us | Sign up for Preferred Customer Card | Store Directons

Powered by Beverage Media Group | Privacy Policy | Legal Notice
Copyright © 2014 Lake Buy-Rite
Store Hours:
Monday -Thursday: 9AM - 8PM
Friday & Saturday: 9AM - 9PM
Sunday: 12PM - 5PM
(631) 585-6100
Facebook Twitter