In 2009, Paramount Distillers Inc. celebrated 75 years as a proud part of Clevelandís business community. Paramountís history dates back to 1934, when J. F. Moessmer founded the company on West 106th St. in Cleveland, a month after the repeal of Prohibition. Under Moessmer, Paramount was a modest operation, marketing primarily cordials and vodka in Ohio and Iowa. By 1946 the company had grown and prospered enough to require more space and was moved to a larger headquarters a few blocks away on Berea Road.
In 1957, Robert Gottesman and Associates purchased the company and instituted an expansion program designed to increase the number of products. With their fresh new approach to marketing, sales grew dramatically.
Since Paramountís modest beginnings on W. 106th Street, the company has grown to a 120,000 square foot headquarters which accommodates not only a production area, but laboratories, labeling and bottling assembly lines, larger warehousing facilities and an in-house print shop to supply labels and point of sale.
Currently under the ownership of Chief Executive Officer Robert Szabo and President Rob Boas and the leadership of Chairman Robert Manchick, Paramount is poised to meet the demands of today's spirits market. In addition to a full line of cordials, Paramount produces vodka, gin, blended and bourbon whiskey, and cocktails. Products such as Brandy, Cognac, Scotch, Canadian, Tequila and Rum are imported and bottled at the Cleveland plant. Low proof liquors and cordials are bottled under the Colonial Club and LaSalle labels
Paramount also has a full time sales staff based in Ankeny, Iowa since 1978, but has been selling spirits in Iowa since 1962.