Follow us on
Enter # when searching by SKU (i.e. #12345)
Add your email to receive updates on our best deals and coupons.
90+ Rated Wines
Free Ship Over $100 (NY ONLY)
Free Shipping Over $250
Long Island Section
**20% OFF SEMI ANNUAL DISCOUNT SALE**
More Red Varietals
More White Varietals
Late Harvest Wine
Chateau Ste. Michelle Cabernet Sauvignon
TASTING NOTES (1)
MORE INFO (5)
“Our winemaking goal with the Columbia Valley Cabernet is to highlight concentrated Washington red fruit in an accessible style. This is our inviting Cab with plenty of complexity and structure."
Wine Spectator Rating:
In order to leave a review, please enter your email address and password.
Leave a Comment
Wine Spectator Review:
Ripe and appealing for its pure currant and plum fruit, resting on a modestly scaled structure. Lingers gently. Drink now through 2012. 166,000 cases made.
Wine maker notes
• Winemaker Bob Bertheau’s goal is to produce a softer mouthfeel and enhanced complexity in the red wines, while highlighting Washington fruit character.
• Ripe grapes were destemmed, crushed and inoculated with various strains of yeast to maximize complexity.
• Gentle pumpovers during fermentation were used to extract color and flavor and produce soft, supple tannins.
• Aged 16 months in American and French oak, 15% new.
Total acidity 0.57/100ml ph 3.77 Alcohol 13.5% Blend 76% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Syrah 2% Merlot 1% Cabernet Franc, 1% Malbec
• 2006 was a year of extremes in weather.
• A cooler than normal, wet spring was followed by a very long, hot summer.
• The weather was nearly ideal during the growing season. Summer fell into a consistent pattern of dry weather, warm days and cool nights.
• A cool spell in mid-September slowed things down and allowed more hang time for enhanced flavor development.
Foods bleu cheese, duck, beef, veal, dark chocolate Herbs mustard, paprika, rosemary, thyme Spice Allspice, cloves, ginger, mace, nutmeg
It’s also very versatile with food–try it with beef, pork or pasta.”
Sign up for Preferred Customer Card
Beverage Media Group
Copyright © 2014 Lake Buy-Rite
Monday -Thursday: 9AM - 8PM
Friday & Saturday: 9AM - 9PM
Sunday: 12PM - 5PM